How to make Restaurant Quality Roast Beef
The roast beef sandwich with au jus is an American classic that everyone would be able to prepare. Here is a recipe to make your own roast beef, and your own delicious roast beef sandwich, so you will never have to go to the restaurant to satisfy your roast beef cravings again.
To make a delicious roast you will need:
- 1 first-cut beef rip roast, three ribs
- Start by removing the roast from the refrigerator and allow to rest for 1 to 2 hours. Before cooking, you may want to tie the rip roast, to keep it together. This will help the roast cook more evenly.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 225 degrees.
- Preheat a large skillet and place roast in the pan. Brown the roast on all sides, including ends.
- Remove roast from the pan and place on a wire rack. If you desire, you can thoroughly season with Kosher salt and pepper.
- Roast the rib roast for approximately 3 hours. When you insert a meat thermometer into your roast, for a medium-rare roast should be approximately 130 degrees. If you would like a more well, or less well done roast, adjust accordingly. When done, remove the roast from the oven and allow to stand before serving.
The first day you should serve your Prime Rib Roast as is, perhaps serve with Yorkshire Puddings for a classic dish. The second day, you should use leftover roast to make delicious Roast Beef Sandwiches.
To make a Roast Beef Sandwich you will need:
- French Rolls
- Packaged Au Jus sauce
Rather than making your own Au Jus sauce, you can buy a package of Au Jus sauce, the flavor of these sauces is good, and is much quicker than preparing your own sauce.
- Follow the instructions on the sauce package to make the sauce.
- As you cook the sauce, slice the french rolls in half and butter each side.
- Toast and brown the french rolls in a hot skillet.
- Also, thinly slice the roast beef and quickly fry in a hot skillet.
- Once all of the pieces are warm, put the roast beef onto the sandwich and serve with Au Jus on the side.
Enjoy your sandwich warm and dip into your Au Jus sauce.